Monday, 4 June 2012

No Onion Spaghetti Bolognese GF DF Low Fodmap

Onion is really on show in Spaghetti Bolognese. The first FODMAP time I cooked this, I wanted to find a way to add the flavour and substance normally brought by the onion to the dish. I think I have. The overall effect is Spaghetti Bolognese with a lighter feel. My son loved it, in fact he preferred it to 'normal' Bolognese!  Use less tomatoes if you are starting out on a Low FODMAP diet or have fructose malabsorption.
 Feeds 2-3


125g of minced beef
Carton/ Can of tomatoes
A handful of fresh basil
Fresh or dried oregano (about a tablespoon of dried)
Fresh Stock (I homemake mine)
Heaps of fresh spinach
Salt and pepper to taste 


Brown the mince, adding herbs and salt and pepper. 
Add the tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes. 
5 minutes before serving, add the spinach, a little at a time to let it wilt down into the pan. 
Mix and serve with gluten free pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment